These additional resources may also be of interest to parents of teens:
- Friendly chart for Minnesota graduation requirements
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Tumble Book Cloud: This collection for upper elementary and middle school readers has 125 read-Along titles of picture books, early readers, chapter books, middle school readers, YA/teen Novels, children’s classics, classics and Shakespeare.
- Committee for Children: A nonprofit working globally to promote children’s social and academic success
- A Hostile Environment: a Minnesota Department of Human Rights video for parents dealing with children being bullied in school
- Cyberbullying: A resource for information about “cyberbullying,” which is the use of information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated and hostile behavior by an individual or group that is intended to harm others.
- The language of peer aggression: Parents can learn more about “relational aggression,” which is when relationships are used to harm others.
- Anti-bullying resources
- In fall 2016, Crosswinds students participated in anti-bullying activities in observance of National Bullying Prevention Month. Check out the photos from the anti-bullying “chalk talks” project students did on our gallery page and read all about the unit here.
- Choking Game Resources
- Drug and Alcohol Resources
- Quit Smoking Resources
- Grants for single mothers: Financial assistance programs that help single moms with utility bills, college, medical bills, buying a home and more.